In this exciting conclusion to Saturday’s classes, horses and exhibitors will be tested on their skill and versatility, with an enticing jackpot payout on the line! Watch as teams compete in Driving, English, Western and Barrel Racing, with only five minutes between classes to change tack and attire!
- Attire must appear to be in accordance with the rules of the event. Chaps are permitted for all western events.
- One Horse/Rider/Driver combination. Each contestant and their horse must remain in the arena the entire time. Any entries that exit for any reason will be disqualified.
- Each contestant will be permitted two grooms to assist in the ring at designated times. The purpose of the groom is to assist the contestant in changing tack and attire. Use of wheelbarrows is acceptable, motorized vehicles is not. Grooms may only enter the arena when instructed to do so by the announcer. Once all grooms enter the arena they must stand in front of their contestant they are helping, and once released have a 5 minute limit for changing tack and attire. Failure to change in that allotted time frame will result in a disqualification of that contestant.
- A fall of the horse or rider will result in the disqualification of the entry.
- Removing a driving bridle from a horse while put to a vehicle will result in a disqualification.
- The event will feature four (4) individual classes that will rotate every year and rules will be followed in accordance with the AHR Rule Book. Even Years: Pleasure Driving-English Pleasure-Western Horsemanship-Barrels; Odd Years: Pleasure Driving-English Equitation-Western Pleasure-Poles
- Each class will be placed 1st-10th. Any exhibitors resulting in a no-score or no-time from any one event will result in 0 points or no placement in that event, but will not eliminate the entry from the entire competition. Points will be accumulated as follows: 1st Place-10pts. 2nd Place -9 Pts. 3rd Place- 8 Pts…..10th Place- 1 Pt. etc.
- In the event of a tie, the exhibitor who placed the highest in the Equitation/Horsemanship class will prevail.
- Judges decisions are final!